There’s money out there for venture capital
SoftBank is a big lead investor Coatue, a hedge fund and heavy unicorn investor, is a less well-known name, but has been moving up the ranks for years. Its founder is Philippe Laffont a former analyst for Tiger.
Singapore’s Temasek,, is a prolific investor with over 200 known rounds in the Crunchbase database. “Temasek has been writing some serious checks” leading late stage rounds in businesses such as DoorDash, and Impossible Foods.
In Australia you have funds punching above its weight – such as
- Justin Liberman and Paul Bassat’s Squarepeg,
- Richard Baker and Bill Bartee’s Blackbird Ventures,
- David Shein and Geoff Levy’s “our Innovation Fund”
- Telstra Ventures
- Ben And Toby Heap’s H2 Ventures
- GBS Ventures for medical devices
- Daniel Peter and Craig Blair’s AirTree Ventures
- Michelle Deaker’s One Ventures
- Packer’s Ellerston fund
Pretty prolific seeing Australia is the size of 2% of USA!
Here are some of the cool Australian investments https://bsi.com.au/venture-capital-in-australia-finding-its-straps/
There is money out there for early stage investments with these investors heavily involved in small and mid-sized rounds
A few years ago, $100 million venture rounds were a rarity. This year 25 U.S. companies have raised so-called “hypergiant” rounds of $250 million or more.