5 microsteps to help make great habits stick during lockdown and beyond
1. Wash your hands and think of 3 things you are grateful for
When you’re washing your hands, take the 20 seconds to think of three things you are grateful for. Taking this time to reflect on what you’re grateful for will help you meet C.D.C. guidelines for lowering your risk of viral infection while reinforcing a more positive mindset.
2. Use favourite scented moisturiser to remind you to wash your hands
Apply your favorite hand lotion immediately after washing your hands. A favorite moisturizer or scent will keep your hands hydrated and motivate you to stick with your thorough hand-washing habits.
3. Wipe down surface – have a glass of water
Every time you wipe down a surface, drink a glass of water. It’s a great way to do something for your environment and for your body at the same time.
4. Get others to hold you accountable – and say “hands when you touch your face.”
The person with least “Hands” wins a prize . Log the number on line with those taking part .
5. When you wipe down your workstation – wipe away your stresses for the day.
Consider this a way to physically wipe away your stresses from the day while keeping viral contaminants at bay.