How do you get people to come to your Event, forum or mastermind as your guest?
If you can’t give them a wiifm , they really have no reason or interest to spend their precious time with you!
Whatever you want to invite them to , you want to talk about what they want, by using their words.
They don’t want to know what is going to be discussed at the event and the food that will be there …. they want the know the outcome that will be achieved. How will those 3 hours add value to their business. What will they get out of it?
- Will they get a referral?
- Will they be able to implement something in their business to help it grow?
- Will the have learnt something relevant?
- Will they have met potential alliance partners, customers, suppliers?
- Will this time spent potentially solve a pain ?
What can they achieve at the event that will get them a quick win?
The audience is not interested in you or the programme itself, they are interested in how it will effect their business.
- Focus on the why – engage their emotions
- Focus on the how – share with them how they will solve their pain
- Prescribe the .pill – tell them the what at the event .
So…. focus on the outcome
- Be clear on the pain you are going to solve.
- How are you going to help them?
- Have you got the creds to do what you say you are going to do? If it’s a linked in expert , share how your presenter has grown your linked in contacts from 500 to 5000, and do they want to do the same?
Don’t focus on the various tools that you will share to do that! ….. focus on the OUTCOME…… that’s all they care about!!! Be sure to be clear on what you will be doing for them!
What is the outcome that they will get from that event?
- What is the “kernel” that is going to get them to say
- “I want that! I need that? “
- What is their pain that you are going to solve?
- Has that event got scarcity?
- Who else do they know that they can invite?
So sell the sizzle not the sausage .