It’s all about building and having long term relationships with people you know like and trust and and who know like and trust you .
Following upon Bill Cates session on how to get more referrals , our June thinktank was on how to grow your referrals.
We came up with 7 key points
- Follow up on referrals – with referrer and referred (reliability) – say thank you – recognise and reward
- Attitude is key – be positive, passionate and giving (intimacy) – surprise and delight – people will mirror you
- Systemise your processes – work your networks (reliability) – nail your pitch (capability) – have a clear message. Have a clear outcome – clear usp – have a process of giving regular referrals – ASK for the referral
- Be trustworthy – reliable – do what you say , capable – do it well – be intimate – connect on a personal level and less of self – focus on other person vs yourself.
- Have a spirit of generosity – pay it forward (intimacy and self) – do your homework on people in the room – how can you help them. Give people what they want and you will get what you want
- Listen and learn
- Have gratitude – say thank you and mean it (intimacy)
Posted on June 26, 2017