8 Effective Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Website
Before driving people to your website – make sure you have an effective website with a call to action!
Below are 8 cool methods to drive people to your website from Bob Pritchard
The Bob Pritchard Column
1. Newsletters: Email marketing is a great way to show off your latest blog post or inform customers. Here are some crucial tips to keep in mind:
- Craft pithy subject lines: Make it grab attention.
- Cut the fat: be direct, get to your point quickly.
- Call To Action should be in your face. Once you make the point of your newsletter known, your CTA follows.
- Place it so that your reader doesn’t have to think twice about what to do.
2. SEO: Start with the core website basics
Using a combination of tools from keywords, content, and other factors can help you rank well on search engines, ie. It can help you “get found on Google.” Before you start looking to pull traffic, make sure your website’s SEO is in order so it’s ready for search engines.
Structure your site (titles, and more), by following a tailor-made guide from the Wix SEO Wiz, all for free. This means, ensuring your headings are properly set, your page keywords are on point and that you’ve added alt-text to your images. The latter of which is far too often overlooked.
You can pay to “optimize your SEO” but you can do yourself. Remember, Rome, wasn’t be built in a day. It takes time to apply and consistency in your efforts, by regularly uploading fresh and quality content to your site.
3. Get social!
No matter who your target audience is, they will be on a social network, somewhere. You will find a following with consistency and unique, quality content. Customer service and engagement will help cultivate your community. Social networks are extensions of your own brand and should be closely tied together. Have a link to your website in your social network profiles and use the social bar on your website to make your social networks easily and directly accessible.
4. Blog about your industry
Adding a blog is good for SEO and driving traffic to your website. By updating your blog regularly, search engine “bots” know to come to your website more often improving your search engine rank. A few quick tips when it comes to blogging:
- Connect your blog to your website: If you’re using a third-party blogging platform, add a link to it on your website menu for easy access.
- Consistency is key: Stay consistent with your posting schedule, blogging takes time and effort.
- Make it easy to dive deep into your site:
- Evergreen content will always remain relevant.
- Repurpose your old posts: Update and repurpose them.
5. Try guest blogging
Having a guest blogger can be helpful in multiple ways, fresh content, a different perspective, and new expertise. Your guest’s followers will likely head to your website when the post is published.
6. Outreach techniques
Put yourself out there. Connect with bloggers and other influencers in your industry to increase exposure for your website.
7. Submit your website to online directories and forums
Online directories can still be beneficial. And, they are usually free. You’ll have another link to your website online, which could, improve your SEO. Forums: Are there online forums dedicated to your industry. It’s great place to drop a link to your website.
8. Give PPC a go
If you’d like to consider paid advertising, the most common form of paid advertising is Pay Per Click. Every time someone clicks on one of your ads, you pay money for it. When you hear PPC, it’s referring to search engine marketing (Google Adwords, Bing Ads). Going social with your ads can also do wonders for your business.
Facebook ads: You set highly-specific parameters to who your ad is shown to, like demographics, location, behavior, and interests.. Targeting your ad doesn’t get much easier than this.
Twitter ads: allows you to set a specific goal, like grow your followers and of course, drive traffic to your website. For this, you only pay when someone clicks through to your website.
Also another article of 35 ways to drive traffic to your website is also cool